GS1 Barcode Service Agreement and Terms
The following agreement between, Bar Code Graphics, ‘Service Provider’ and ‘Client’ for facilitating the process of assigning, creating and managing UPC barcodes with a licensed UPC Company Prefix directly from the GS1 US. The GS1 Barcode Service is available to companies new to barcoding and GS1 Barcode Support is for those companies who already have an assigned GS1 Company Prefix.
Description of Services
Acting as an agent on behalf of Client, the Service Provider will coordinate the process enabling Client to identify their items with UPC barcodes. In addition, Service Provider will assist with GTIN/UPC management and barcode creation. All payments for GS1 US membership, and renewals will be made directly by Client to the GS1 US. Client will also be responsible for acknowledging and agreeing to GS1 US licensing terms. GS1 US reserves the right to change pricing on GS1 Company Prefix(es) and renewals.
- Service Provider will assist in the process of obtaining a GS1 Company Prefix from GS1 US, if necessary.
- Service Provider will assist in assignment of UPC numbers using GS1 Issued Company Prefix to Client.
- Service Provider will provide guidance with GTIN-14 identification for case markings, when required.
- Service Provider will validate and upload UPC data to global product data registries
- Service Provider will provide guidance with barcode placement for products and packaging.
- Service Provider will provide Client with assistance with understanding how to comply with UPC barcode requirements for Amazon and retailers requiring adherence to the GS1 General Specifications
- As part of the GS1 Barcode Service, Service Provider will provide Client printed UPC barcode labels or high resolution digital barcode files as defined by the product offering selected by Client
- Client authorizes Service Provider to act as an agent on their behalf for the management of UPC and item information for uploading to 3rd party online portals, including Amazon and GS1 US. Client will be responsible for providing Service Provider necessary credentials to access designated 3rd party portals. Client reserves the right to rescind agent relationship with Service Provider at any time.
Client shall indemnify and hold harmless Service Provider, its directors, officers, employees, and customers from and against all allegations, claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, obligations, losses, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs) which arise out of, relate to or result from any act or omission of Service Provider.
Terms and Fees
Service Provider will assign Client a dedicated GS1 barcode consultant who will provide personal assistance for a period of (1) year following the issuance of original UPC Assignments.
Payment for all GS1 US membership and renewal fees will be handled directly between GS1 US and Client.
Client completion of placing an order executes this agreement confirms understanding of required total fees required; GS1 US membership fees, GS1 US annual renewal fees, and Bar Code Graphics GS1 Barcode Service Fee. GS1 US is the US office of the GS1 global standards office and does not endorse individual companies. Bar Code Graphics is not affiliated with GS1.