The Authority on Barcode Identification
Barcodes have become the conduit connecting physical items to the digital world. Since the inception of the UPC, we have assisted hundreds of thousands of companies with their barcoding needs by specializing in barcode origination, print quality and data management. As the leading US barcode identification authority, we empower companies to comply with respective GS1 and ISBN global guidelines and also specific trading partner requirements.
We Are The Standards Experts
Our reliance and appreciation for standards has enabled us to provide our clients best-in-class solutions. Due to the reliance on barcode identification by both the retail and healthcare industries, Bar Code Graphics supports the global GS1 standards. To that extent, we actively participate in the GS1 Global Standards Development Work Groups (GSMP Identification SMG). Bar Code Graphics is not affiliated with GS1 but many of our employees and solutions have undergone various past certifications.
- 2004 – Andrew Verb: AIDC Professional Consultant
- 2004 – PrecisionCode – Software Certification
- 2006 – Jonathon Verb: AIDC Professional Consultant
- 2012 – Brien Fennell: GS1 Standards Professional
- 2014 – Tammi Slaughter: GS1 Standards Professional
- 2014 – Spencer Baumgarten: GS1 Standards Professional
- 2015 – Patti Osouji: GS1 Standards Professional
- 2016 – Jennifer Maxson: GS1 Standards Professional
- 2016 – Erica O’Kelly: GS1 Standards Professional
We are avid promoters of the GS1 global identification standards and educate both retailers and suppliers on the benefits of compliance. We work with many of the largest US retailers and make sure their supplier requirements are in harmony with the GS1 Global Standards. At one point, Bar Code Graphics also collaborated in combining GS1 US Data Hub with testing application for US retailers and manufacturers. Click here to read white paper.
To address the needs of other non-retail industries, we routinely work with other standards and industry associations such as; US ISBN Agency, BISG (Book Industry), AIAG (Automotive), ACP (Coupon) and ECIA (Electronic Component Industry Association.
We Are Educators
We recognize the importance of teaching our clients about their identification needs. Bar Code Graphics excels because of its commitment to customer support. Our straightforward approach to addressing clients’ needs enables us to leverage our team’s specialties and deliver value driven solutions.
What We Provide
- GS1 Barcode Support – Comprehensive assistance involving GTIN management and barcode creation.
- Professional Services – Assistance for companies with specific barcode and/or identification challenges.
- Barcode Generation – Graphic files and printed labels.
- Printed Label Solutions – Turnkey programs for static barcode and serialization/traceability applications
- Identification Labs – Barcode symbol quality certification programs and comprehensive administration of barcode compliance for supplier provided barcodes. We currently run programs for numerous large retailers and wholesale distributors.
- TradingPartner.info – Subscription service which monitors retailer requirements and compliance updates.
- Publisher Services – ISBN assignments, book printing and related services
- Hardware, Software, & Supplies – Scanning and mobility equipment, label printing and barcode labels
- Prvent: Covid-19 Visitor Management Solution for businesses and buildings
Each business operates out of our corporate offices located at;
Bar Code Graphics, Inc.
65 East Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601