How to Use Digital Barcode Graphic Files
The most common import commands to use your digital barcode are listed below.
- Adobe Illustrator: File>Place – select your EPS file, click Place
- Adobe Photoshop: File>Place – select your EPS file, click Place
- Quark Xpress: Draw picture box, File>GET PICTURE
- Freehand: File>Import – select your EPS file
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.): The eps files will not work in Microsoft office programs. We recommend converting the eps to an emf file using an online converter. Click Insert>Picture, From File – select your EMF file, click Insert.
Key points to remember when working with a barcode graphic file:
- Do not resize the image after importing it into the application. Doing so can compromise the scannability of the printed barcode.
- Avoid judging the barcode quality by the on-screen preview. Many applications do not provide an accurate preview of a barcode graphic file. The quality of the image should be determined by the actual printed sample.